Tuesday 8 November 2011

My Story - Part 1: Why am I writing this.

I am sat here in Caithness trying to fill the day before I go into hospital for a colonoscopy. That is on Thursday but tomorrow I go in to be cleaned out, what a lovely day that is going to be. I am not bothered about the actual scope. I have had too many of those, I know they are not painful, just worried about what they may find.

I am having it because about a month a go I went into hospital one Sunday evening with severe pains in my bowel. They then found I had pneumonia but that is a side issue. I was transferred to Inverness where I was going to be operated on for the bowel pain, even with pneumonia. The CT Scan had found something hanging off my bowel,  but the pain died down and so decided to leave it. A few days after coming out of hospital I was feeling worse and so I had another CT Scan. They thought they discovered a polyp in my lung and on re-examining my other scan they thought I they found one in my bowel. That could of been from my previous operations for Hirschsprung's. To find out what that is read www.hirschsprungs.info and to find out about my life with it http://www.mc-gregor.org.uk/history.html . The Hirschsprung's website is for the group that I run. It is for parents, adults & teenagers and we have around 900 members worldwide.



Anyway a colonoscopy was suggested. I know something is wrong with my bowel as I still have pain there, my bowel movements have slowed down and then go back to normal. I see regularly a Psychotherapist due various issues that I have and that I will explain later. I told her a few months ago that I felt as if I had cancer and that for the first time in years I did not want to die. It was quiet a break through, for years I did not want to live with the depression that I had. Now what is happening, they are checking me for it. Very strange. I think this is what is really worrying me. I know something is happening in there but what?

I have written many things, mainly about Hirschsprung's. Recently I found blogging and so now I have 3 other blogs, one about my team Sunderland AFC., where I was born and a area that I love dearly http://safcexile.blogspot.com/ I also have a huge interest in politics and so i am dabling in doing a political blog http://gerrymac-thoughts.blogspot.com . The last is a hirschsprung's blog (of course), http://blog.hirschsprungs.info/ , although this is not all me. Now I think it is time I wrote about myself, my life and I ended up living in Caithness as I am.

I shall write this in following parts, maybe this afternoon and maybe while in hospital. It will keep me occupied. Also some people feel the need to be open about things that happen to them, hoping that they will expel all the bad that they experienced. Others need to keep it in side of them. i have kept my inside for a long time and maybe i need to expel it.

Until next time.

The next chapter is ready now Part 2 - Sunderland

No comments:

Post a Comment